/> SLO in Arkansas: Going the Distance

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Going the Distance

or at least half the distance!! I just registered for my first half marathon!!! I am still freaking out just a little bit, but it is just nervous and excited all at once. I have a 12 week training program and I have finished 6 weeks of it, so I feel pretty good about the rest. The mileage definitely goes up a lot these next 6 weeks, but then it will all be over. I run November 6th. I still think 13.1 miles sounds pretty intimidating, especially to someone who doesn't feel like a runner. But I have run 7 miles already and know my training will get me there just fine. I found a race time predictor and based on my 5k times it says I should finish the half in 2 hours and six minutes. We will see how close to that I get on race day!! I have heard lots of good things about this race and am really hoping for a very positive experience. For now my focus is to complete the training as scheduled and not hurt myself between now and then. I most likely will not run any more 5k races between now and then so I can focus on the proper training. And the weather finally broke today and it was a fabulous fall day. I hope the next month or so stays the same. Wow I am excited!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Woooooo! You are a better woman than I! Can't wait to hear how the training is going...I'm proud of you already:)

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home