/> SLO in Arkansas: I Love My Bike

Monday, September 13, 2010

I Love My Bike

So here it is y'all. My lovely and super fast road bike!! It is a Trek Lexa. I have named her Lexi:) We are having lots of fun together so far. Anyway, I am really only having time to ride once or twice a week at this point. I am still running 3-4 days a week and it just doesn't leave a lot of time to do both. Plus this is definitely a daylight hours activity, and we are losing daylight like crazy, so finding time to get my rides in has been a little tricky. This past week I did a 6 mile route with some hills, and an easy flat 10 miles. I have ridden a few times with a beginners group in town, but they are a tad slow for me at times so I am hoping to get a new group of ladies from our church together to ride on the weekends:) I am having lots of fun and I have found cycling to be an excellent cross training activity for my running. I ran a 5k on Saturday morning and then did the 10 miles with no problem that afternoon, so it works out well that I can do both activities easily. I have yet to do the two events back to back, but I hope to soon in starting my triathlon training.
Here is about the only picture you will get of my riding gear! This was after I had come back from a ride. I look so cool in my helmet I probably shouldn't post it on here!! I do have some fabulous gloves which really help my grip. Right now I am riding in my tennis shoes but will go to riding shoes that clip in once I figure out how to not fall over with my feet attached to the bike:) Other than that everything is good. I am still learning the art of gear shifting and pedals per minute and all the other technical things that go with it. I just like it because I can go fast! As far as running goes, I have a 5k the next 2 weekends and then get a little break until October. I plan to run a 10k in November, and was planning to run the St. Jude half marathon in December, but it was full when I went to register. Now I am not too sure if I will fit a half marathon in this year or just wait until next spring and find a fun one. Guess it depends on how my training goes between now and then:) I am really trying to place in at least one 5k this year (top 3 in my age group). Every race I come in 4th, 5th or 6th so far! I am close, but there are some super tough women that always beat me out of that top 3!! One of these races I am going to catch one of them though!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home