/> SLO in Arkansas: One Proud Mama

Thursday, January 14, 2010

One Proud Mama

My heart is so full today. I am having one of those "it is the best thing in the world to be a mom" days. Nothing extraordinary has happened today in particular to make me feel this way, it has just been something I have been thinking and feeling for a while now. Just the other night after tucking our sweet boys in bed I asked Silas...."what did we ever do to deserve these precious little guys??"
Tyson is so polite and loving and happy and he says little things almost daily that just melt my heart. He pats me on the back, runs into my arms when I walk through the door from work, and says things like,"I love you mama, and I love you sugar." He also calls me Honey, which I find absolutely adorable. He will say, "Honey, where are you going?" You just can't help but smile when you are around that kid:) I am so glad he is mine.
My kids have filled such a special place in my heart and I am overflowing with joy and thankfulness for them. We definitely have our bad days and moments, but I wouldn't change a thing. Our little family has so much fun together too. We take our kids everywhere we go and just love spending time with them as much as we can.
I hate to admit that I wished so many of Tyson's baby days away. Maybe it was just the struggles of being a new mom, and not having confidence in myself as a parent, or being by myself so much when Silas was working in Jonesboro and I was in Searcy. I just wanted him to hurry and grow up, or hurry and get out of whatever phase he was in. It is the exact opposite with Jace. I am trying desperately to cling to his babyness, and it is rushing by so much faster than I could have ever imagined. I am so much more comfortable the second time around, and calmer, and want to enjoy loving on this precious baby and each phase he is in. Today while Tyson was at mother's day out I got to just hold and rock and love on my sweet little Jace and it was perfect. I didn't even have to fight the urge to pick up the house or get things done....holding my sweet baby boy was the only important thing for me to do today. I am so blessed to be able to spend each day with my boys, and I wish every day could be like this. I hate that so many days rush by and they are in bed before I even realize it. I truly am going to miss these days, when they want all my attention, and call me sugar and honey, and want to sit in my lap and have me sing and tuck them in at night. I thank God for the blessing of children today and how much they bring to my life.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home