/> SLO in Arkansas: Oh Good Grief!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh Good Grief!

So we went into this whole "listing the house" thing hoping to downsize and get out from under some debt, which is all well and good. The only thing I told Silas when we decided to give our realtor the green light to list it, was "I want to spend the holidays in this house." That is because I LOVE the house, and I LOVE decorating for the holidays even more:) So with the market being slow and several other houses on our same street having been on the market for months and months, I figured that would be no problem. Nope, we accepted an offer on the place Sunday night! So, while this is all very exciting and a little overwhelming to say the least, my life now gets even crazier:) We are set to close December 18th, which is the Friday right before Christmas. But wait, it gets better. We leave for Oklahoma to spend Christmas with Silas' family on the morning of the 19th! So I am not really sure when we will be moving, but we have to be out by the 18th, so it may be a little tricky. Needless to say I don't think I will get to decorate either this house or the new one for Christmas, which makes me a little sad. But it is just for one year, and I am just sure I will get over it! So whoo hooo, we sold our house....assuming everything goes well and closes on time, etc.

Now I am going through the house figuring out what we can sell and get rid of at a garage sale in a few weeks since we will have less space. After that purging of junk comes the joy of packing. I was thinking about it last night and realized that this will be the 3rd house Silas and I have lived in since we have been married (the one we move into from here.) We have only been married 7 1/2 years. But we have also lived in 3 apartments during that time too!! So this will be our 6th move in 7 years. That makes me really tired. And you wonder why I keep saying I don't ever want to move again!! The problem is we are only planning to be in the next place 3-5 years (hopefully) and then move again, so I can't rest just yet:)

Ok, moving right along to the next crazy part of life. I just started my 3rd part time job yesterday:) I am doing some therapy at the Better Life Counseling Center at the church we attend. For now it is just on Mondays, but I am hoping to move into 2 days a week there and 3 days a week at my other job. Then continue to do some adoption home studies on the side when they come up. I have only seen one client so far, but I LOVED it:) It is so totally different from the other counseling I do, and a very good change. So, life is busy busy and we are full steam ahead at all times, but LIFE IS GOOD!!! God has been so faithful and blesses us so much every single day in ways that allow us to be together as a family and enjoy life despite our crazy schedules. The little boys are happy and healthy and we are hoping these changes/sacrifices now will put us in a much better and less stressed position for the future.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hattie said...

That is way to much moving! Mark and I have moved 4 times since we have been married, but plan on being in our current house for a VERY long time! Congrats on selling your house!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Oh good grief is right! But congrats on selling your house and I know it will be worth it in the long run. If it makes you feel any better, I can't decorate for Christmas either:( I'm so glad you're liking the new counseling job and it sounds like a perfect change of pace! I love you guys, hang in there the next couple months!

5:41 AM  
Blogger ashleigh said...

1. I have not seen you in forever!

2. Woo-hoooo on selling the house!

3. Blech on packing :(

4. Hooray for the BLCC :)

5. Big Ol' High Five on the adoption homestudies!!!!

~ash

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home