/> SLO in Arkansas: And So It Begins.....

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And So It Begins.....

I am hesitant to even write this post because that makes everything real!! Silas and I have been doing some serious discussing over the past week or two and have decided to put our house on the market. Yep, we are downsizing. And I am full of conflicting emotions over it all. I love my house. It has been a great home, and one we fully planned on growing in to over the years. But things change, the economy changes, and priorities change. This has been a very difficult year juggling finances while trying to pay out of pocket for having the baby, and me trying to stay home with the kids as much as possible. I love working, and love my flexibility, but I like working a lot more because I want to, not because I "have" to. I don't want to be a slave to material possessions or think I have to have something. My kids are more important and me not being stressed out:) So we have decided to take a step back and are looking for a smaller and cheaper house to call home for the next few years. We feel this is the best time to buckle down and get things paid off before we have kids needing braces and cars to drive!! It will also be easier to move while the kids aren't in school yet. I am both excited for this adventure and sad to leave the home we built. But I know that home is where you make it, and we will be happy where ever we go. We are staying in Jonesboro and looking for houses closer to our church and Silas' work. I am completely overwhelmed at the thought of packing up and moving AGAIN, now with two kids in tow, and one being only 4 weeks old!! But this is for a good purpose and because we choose to do it. I think I am most stressed out at trying to even imagine how I will keep the house clean enough to show being here with the kids all day! Anyway, the past few days have been a whirlwind of activity, lots of decisions being made, and going on not much sleep as we still adjust to the baby. Life is crazy for us right now, but in a really good way. I love a challenge, a project, and having a goal oriented purpose. So here we go! Please pray for us during this journey, however long it may be. It is not the best time to sell, so we are hoping to get the most we can for our house to make the move worth it. I will keep the blog updated with our progress and am hoping this goes as well as can be imagined!! Hopefully I will be sending out our new address to everyone soon:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I am filled with admiration for you right now:) In a world where everyone is spending up every last penny they make, you are making the decision that the "golden handcuffs" that go along with that style just aren't worth it. I'm beyond proud of you for not only your decision but your attitude, you are such an inspiration! Love you guys and your hearts, can't wait to talk next.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home