/> SLO in Arkansas: Crazy Train

Monday, August 10, 2009

Crazy Train

Well, the 9 month pregnant crazy train has arrived and I am officially on it! I have had a very uneventful pregnancy and have been surprisingly calm and happy for most of it, so I figured this time would come eventually:) I hit the wall of being "done" this weekend. I will be 39 weeks this week and am getting a little tired of being pregnant. My hormones are all over the place and I know it will be over soon....it's just killing me that I don't know when exactly! I go back to the doctor this Thursday, so we will see what this week holds.
In light of trying to have a good attitude these last few days, I have been thinking about all the good things I have (or have not) experienced this pregnancy. Number one blessing hands down has been a straight gift from God.....the weather. I just knew I was going to be a miserable sweating angry mess by late May as the temperatures heated up here in the south, and a downright nightmare by late August for sure! But each and every week we have had exceptionally cooler temps than usual with the highs rarely reaching the 90's the entire summer. I have been so grateful every day for this huge and unexpected blessing. I have been pleasantly comfortable throughout the summer, and I know that has been the biggest contributor to my positive mood:)
I am grateful that I have only started to do the pregnant waddle the past week or so:) I have felt physically good (with the exception of throwing up all first trimester). I am still sleeping well, have very minor back aches, no swelling, etc. I was able to wear my wedding ring the entire pregnancy which made me happy too:) I have been able to keep up with work as needed. (The house is another story!) I was able to borrow all my maternity clothes from friends and family, plus what I had for Tyson, and have not bought one thing this entire time. That has been a huge blessing! My sweet husband has indulged my every whim and craving:) That mostly involves taking me to TCBY after dinner every night for a white chocolate mousse parfait! Thank goodness for low fat yogurt and a frequent flyer card! I haven't gained that much weight and I have been earning some free yogurt along the way:) I am sure there are so many more things to be thankful for, but those are my big ones.
I know these are some random pictures, but I wanted to share some of my sweet family! We are doing well and just playing the waiting game at this point to see when Jace will decide to arrive. Tyson has been his crazy sweet self and continues to wear me out daily. He ruined my sofa end table this weekend by carving deep lines all over it with some tool he found. This is his "cooking" table, so I'm sure he thought he was just cooking up some feast, so it was hard to be too mad. Times like this just remind me not to buy anything new for the next 5 to 10 years while I am raising heathens, I mean boys! He is talking up a storm too, and it is so cute. He has his own little language which is easy for us to understand, but probably sounds funny to everyone else. He puts the word "our" in front of most of what he says. Like "ohhhh, our corn" if we are having corn for dinner. Most of it makes sense, but he does it for weird words too in place of the beginning of the actual word. Like lemonade. He calls it "our nade". He also calls things funny names while he is learning to say them, and of course that word sticks in our minds and we end up saying things wrong all the time because that's what he calls them! (like woodchuck). My favorite example of this is his word for coffee. We have "hot coffee" on the weekends with cinnamon rolls, and he always calls it "hot fluffy!" So of course now I call coffee fluffy and it just doesn't make any sense. It has been so much fun watching this little man grow up, and we are so blessed to have him around:) He makes things so entertaining on a daily basis. Definitely a good distraction for this pregnant mama!!! He has also become quite the ladies man, and has several girls in town that absolutely adore him. Of course he went for some older women (they will both be 3 in Nov/Dec) so they are a little more verbal and like to boss him around. I will save the stories about Tyson's girlfriends for another post though:)
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I need to call you so we can catch up. We are making a whilrwind trip home and I have a feeling we'll be needing some serious fluffy to make it through our schedule! Please tell Jace that we need his Memaw and Gdaddy on Wednesday and he can come out after that! So glad you're feeling good and so excited for you guys! love u

12:55 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

The age between 2 and has been wonderful and I love it so much! I love how they are so eager to learn and how much they absorb.
You are looking terrific! I can't believe you are just days away from delivering.
I know I have been a bad friend and we haven't talked on the phone in forever, but I am going to try and call later this week, although, it may be the weekend.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home