/> SLO in Arkansas: Happy 2nd Birthday Sugar Bear!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Sugar Bear!

Here we are in July and it's already Tyson's 2nd birthday. Time continues to fly by so fast. In keeping with my tradition from last year, I wanted to make this post for Tyson so that he knows just how much he means to me and the family.

My precious sweet little boy. Two years have passed since I brought you home from the hospital, and it just seems like a matter of days. Time goes by so fast, and I work with all my heart to savor your childhood and treasure our moments together watching you grow. You have changed so much this past year, and are such a big boy now. You have retained your magnetic personality in every way, and are even more engaging now that you are learning to talk! You have never met a stranger, and have so many people in your life that love you like family.
You are ALL BOY, all the time! My goodness you are a mess, but a sweet one:) Thank goodness your mama was a tomboy so she understands all kinds of fun boy stuff that you like. You are still crazy about wheels, and anything that moves. Your fearless spirit continues to amaze me, and you have so much fun trying new things. You continue to love the water, and we have had a great summer of swimming and taking the boat out to the lake, not to mention all the fun we have in the yard with the water hose! You are so smart and so good at almost every thing you try. You watch carefully how things are done and can do a lot of stuff by yourself. I get amazed weekly at the things you get into, because you are always thinking up new ways to climb and get to what you want! You are a fantastic helper around the house, which I really enjoy. You make our daily chores more fun as you are always by my side wanting to help in any way. Your favorite things are sweeping and helping throw the laundry in the washer. You have also earned the nickname "Little Chef" this year by me and your dad. Boy do you love to cook! Every night when supper is being made, you diligently push your chair over to the counter to help out. You love to stir, throw things in to pots, and watch things cook in the oven. You like to pretend cook all the time, and I can never find my pots and pans because you drug them off into the living room to make some delicious concoction during your play time:) You are crazy about popcorn, rice, beans, pizza, granola bars, and ice cream!
You are a daddy's boy. You love your Dad so much, and want to go everywhere he goes and do everything he does. It melts my heart to watch you two together, whether you are just playing around, watching TV, or fixing something around the house. You are crazy about Daddy's truck and every time we are leaving the house you ask "truck???" You would probably be driving the thing by yourself if we would let you!! You love our trips up to Daddy's work to take him lunch or just visit some days. You have a wonderful father who nurtures you in every way and adores just being around you. Even though I hate leaving for work in the afternoons, you are so excited about the time you get to spend with just Dad, and I know those few hours mean just as much to him too:)
You are full of life, sensitive, and abounding in energy. You love life and exploring every little thing you encounter. You are very independent and never follow the crowd. You are always doing your own thing, no matter what every one else is doing. You love kids, as well as adults and have a great time making new friends. We still get lots of comments while shopping or eating out from strangers who you have befriended during our time there. One man at Sams asked if he could take you home! No one believes that you are just 2 years old most of the time...they think you are much older because of your confident personality and physical capabilities. You are a lot like me, so we bump heads at times, but I think it makes me understand you better. Daddy just looks at me all the time and says "He gets that from you!" Tyson, you give my life so much joy and purpose on a daily basis. You make me and your dad so proud just because you are you. I have tried so hard to spend as much time as I can with you these last few months before your little brother gets here, and have cherished every minute of it. I often find myself wondering how in the world can there be room in my heart to love someone else as much as I love you little man. You made me a mom, and are so special in every way. I know there are a lot of changes coming up in our lives as we get ready to welcome your brother, and I know you will handle them in stride like you do everything else that comes your way. I am excited to see how you adapt to your role of big brother and the relationship you and Jace will form during this next year. I can only hope he shares some of your qualities:) I am so glad you are my son. I love you Tyson Rhodes. Happy 2nd Birthday sugar bear!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Wow i can't believe how much he has grown! tyson we love you very much you have a special place in your cousins hearts!
Love Ellen

8:40 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

These kinds of posts always make me choke up! Your love for him shines through every single word. What a blessing little Ty is to this family. Happy birthday sweet boy.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home