/> SLO in Arkansas: It Ain't Over....

Sunday, February 24, 2008

It Ain't Over....

It ain't over til the fat lady sings. I thought the selling of our house was over, but apparently the fat lady has not sung yet! We sold our house for the second time this week, if you can believe it. We had originally accepted an offer and were all set to close on March 6th. I had already put my deposit down on the apartment to move this coming weekend, and have the house mostly packed. Well we got a not so good phone call from our realtor late Thursday evening saying that the buyers financing fell through, despite them being pre-approved and everything. Before I was able to freak out even a little, she said there was another couple interested in looking at the house, and could they come that night??? So we packed the baby up in his pj's and went to IHOP for a late dinner so they could show the house. This was just crazy, since I thought the place was sold, and so it was definitely not in showing condition:) We only had about 30 minutes to give the baby a bath and get out, but we wanted someone to look, so we had to go with it. Then our realtor said she had someone interested in looking at it the next day as well, so we felt better knowing there was still some interest. To make a long story short, the people who saw it on Friday ended up making us an offer that we accepted. I would love to be excited, but now I am a little apprehensive about things since the last deal fell through. I will let a huge sigh of relief out once we sign all the papers:) We are still trying to move pretty quickly and close on the 6th if possible, but it may have to be pushed back a few days if needed. Right now we are in a holding pattern to see if we need to move this coming weekend, or wait until the next one. It has been an emotional roller coaster the past few days, but God is good and things are working out just fine. I am continuing to try and "just go with it" regarding anything involved in the house building, selling, moving area!!! It has been working so far I think:) Now I am just waiting for the fat lady to sing:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

You are being very flexible and I'm proud of you....not sure how I would be in your shoes! Hang in there and let me know how it pans out!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Sorry to hear the first deal fell through, but what a relief that it sold again in just a matter of a few days. I hope you can still close by the 6th.
Good luck moving and I wish we lived closer so we could help you. And by help, I mean take care of cute little Ty :)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home