/> SLO in Arkansas: Bentley and Buster

Monday, October 15, 2007

Bentley and Buster

I have not posted anything about my fur babies in almost a year, so I thought I would take a few minutes to share some funny stories about the dogs. Where to start...these guys are an absolute mess!!! They have has some adventures this year, and are doing well. I'm not sure if I wrote about the time they ran away or not. They took off after a squirrel and were gone for 2 days and nights. They found their way home, wet, hungry, scared and full of ticks. Needless to say they have been very good about staying in our yard since then!! We don't have a fence, but they know not to wander off too far anymore! They hate squirrels and rabbits with a passion, and whine furiously when one comes into our yard...which unfortunately is multiple times a day. They also love to dig, and have worked very hard to dig a massive tunnel system in their pen. Most of these holes are under their dog house and Bentley prefers to be under here most of the time in the shade. Well just the other day Silas and I hear some barking and go outside to check it out. We usually see two little puppies waiting anxiously for us to let them out for a little freedom. Today there was just one face...Buster. Now I was worried because their expertise at digging has also led to multiple escapes in the past, so I thought maybe Bentley was gone. I asked Buster...."where is Bentley??" and he immediately went running to the side of the house and looking in one of the holes. When Silas and I got closer, we realized that poor Bentley had gone down under the house in a hole, and then couldn't get herself back out!! Her little nose was just poking out of the hole. Silas had to go in and dig her out!!! What a mess these dogs are, but they have been good pets. I can't believe we have had them a year already...the time has sure gone fast! I tried to get some good pictures of them to post, but the silly things are so active that they wouldn't sit still long! Oh yeah, our neighbor Jim went hunting this weekend and got a large doe and brought it home. He asked Silas if we wanted any of the meat, so Silas said sure! Well I did not know that he was going to bring home a treat for the dogs too.....deer feet!! He came inside and told me that the dogs would be playing with their treats for a while outside. When he said feet I thought of the hoof part, but then I eventually looked outside on my deck and saw a whole leg lying there!!! Gross!!! I am not going back outside until these lovely "treats" are gone, because they gross me out!!! Thank goodness it's raining today!
waiting for their snacks from Silas
Buster
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buster is huge!!
Brandy

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home