/> SLO in Arkansas: I survived pledge week!

Monday, October 23, 2006

I survived pledge week!

So, this past week was the crazy pledge week at Harding for all the new members of clubs at the school. Being a sponsor, it is my privilege, and requirement, to be at as many activities as possible. I by no means went to all of them, but it still made for a busy week. It has been a long time since I was out past 1:00am, and now I remember why I dont do it much!! The girls had fun though, so that's what matters. There was also a lot of drama, so it was like living my own personal "real world" episode for a week. There are not even words to describe it!!! It is also hard to believe that this is my third year as a sponsor.....I feel like I was just in the club last week myself:) Silas was super supportive as usual and did his share of housework and chores to keep me from losing my mind, since I was not home much last week. It was touch and go for a while, but I think my brain is back. I am definitely looking forward to "falling back" and hour this weekend, as there is no better time to catch up on my sleep!
We also got a chance to shop for pumpkins this weekend, and enjoyed finding the many road side stands selling corn stalks, hay and other fun stuff. We got two great pumpkins and they look good with the mums on the front porch:) This is one of my favorite times of year, and Im trying to enjoy it as much as possible. We have been spending quite a bit of time outside the past few weeks, as the dogs require a lot of love and attention, along with exercise!! I have been trying to sit still and just enjoy the fresh, cool air, blue sky, and time together. It is a welcomed and much needed break from our hectic schedules. I am also excited as the leaves have been beautiful this year, thanks to the rain we have had. What a beautiful time to be alive:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Our Family said...

I'm so glad you survived! I looked forward to hearing about Friday night's activities! I certainly don't evny your role...even though I do miss the days of Chi Omega Pi. Thanks for being willing to be a servant. I know you bless those girls' lives in many ways.

3:33 PM  
Blogger laura said...

so how are those chio's doing? are they making us proud? i bet they are. jen hutch and i were just trying to figure out the other day who all the sponsors are these days. we're too old to remember :)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home