/> SLO in Arkansas: Truth

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Truth

I am a  little tired of running.  There, I said it.  Not that I hate running or anything, but this has been a very challenging marathon cycle.  I am just not feeling it right now.  Both my regular running partners have gotten pregnant in the past year, and as a result I have ended up training for this race alone.  All alone.  I am sooooo lonely!!!  I absolutely love running physically.  It is my stress relief and makes me feel better.  But I equally love running for the "girl time" it has provided me.  The time one-on-one with a friend to just talk things out over the miles and visit.  I have been running for months now all by myself, and let me tell you, it's just not as much fun!  My running has become more of a chore than an outlet, and I just hate that.  Since it has been so dark in the mornings, I have fallen on my only option I feel safe with at 5am, the treadmill at the gym.  Wow.  If that doesn't scream exciting I don't know what does:)  I run for an hour several mornings every week before work at the gym, and that is just boring!  The only run I get outside is my long run on the weekends.  And while I love being outside in the fresh air and sunshine, running 18 and 20 miles by myself is not that much fun either.  I have found myself dreading Saturday mornings and piddling around the house just to prolong having to go run alone for hours.  Somehow I have pushed myself through this training cycle and am getting close to the end, thank goodness!!  Almost every weekend I decide to just quit and not even run the race, but somehow I carry on and get the miles done.  I hit the wall this weekend physically and mentally.  I had a bad run.  I was supposed to run 16-18 miles, but ended up calling it quits after 12.  My pace was spot on so I knew it wasn't physical. I just could not get my mind to cooperate.  I just did NOT WANT TO RUN.  I was so disappointed in myself.  But I am just exhausted.  My day starts at 4:30am almost every single day, and 3 days this week I have worked all day and then been out after work until bedtime.  I know that I only have so much physical energy, but it stinks when you need to get something done and are just too tired.  I am worn out.  Training is tiring, work is tiring, and I am tired!  My marathon is in 3 weeks, and I am hoping to find a good balance between training consistently and letting my body rest between now and then.  I am looking for some motivation and inspiration, so if anyone has any feel free to send it my way!!  Hopefully my excitement will pick up closer to race week and I will find my running groove:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

I totally get where you are! My main running partner was out with a stress fracture the ENTIRE NYC training cycle. She is just starting backup again now but it will take some time. St. Jude is almost here! It will be worth it. You made it through Peak week so enjoy the taper. I have a feeling you will run your best time ever!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home