/> SLO in Arkansas: Girl Get-Away

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Girl Get-Away

 My mom and I made a quick trip to the Red Apple Inn in Heber Springs this past weekend.
 It was so much fun!  We had made this same trip before, exactly 6 years ago!!  The last time we went, I didn't have have any kids.
 We had a fabulous room with an awesome fireplace.  Too bad we couldn't figure out how to get it lighted:)
 
 The weather was just perfectly gorgeous.  The leaves were brilliant colors and everything was beautiful.  We could not have picked a better weekend to go!
 
 
 We stuffed ourselves at dinner in the dining room and it was soooo good.  This was our view from breakfast looking out over the lake.
 I officially became one of those weirdos who works out while on vacation too!  I got woken up at 5:30am by a random text on Saturday morning, and figured mom would not be up for a while, so I changed clothes and set out to find the exercise room at the Inn. Yes, I did plan ahead enough to bring my running clothes:)  Everything was closed, but I had a code to get in, so I turned on the lights and got in a quick 5.2 miles on the treadmill.  I was creeped out the whole time, which made me run faster!  I got to enjoy the sunrise following my run, and ended up showered, dressed, and eating breakfast by the time mom got up.  We were both happy with our mornings...mom got to sleep and I got to run:)
 We spent the rest of the day shopping in all the cute shops and boutiques down in Heber, and got some cute stuff.  It put me in the holiday spirit since everyone had their festive Christmas stuff out.  Mom and I had a great time catching up and I am so grateful to Silas for keeping the boys and holding down the fort while we were gone.  It was a much needed little get-away.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

That sounds like an incredible getaway! What a great mother-daughter outing! (I will need to remember that one someday...)

Beautiful pictures too!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Tia said...

That sounds like an incredible getaway! What a great mother-daughter outing! (I will need to remember that one someday...)

Beautiful pictures too!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home