/> SLO in Arkansas: The Night Before St.Jude

Friday, December 02, 2011

The Night Before St.Jude

Marathon #2 is in the morning!! I am so excited, and feeling much more prepared for this one than my first. We will see if that means anything when the rubber meets the road and I pound the pavement tomorrow. I am looking for a good PR and hope this will be the race to do it. My last marathon I finished in 4:43:19 I think, and I am aiming for anything under 4:30 this time around. Of course I have some huge goals in my mind which I am hoping are pretty realistic, but we will see! I have a pace band printed out for a 4:18 finish, and will see how long I can hold that pace. The weather is driving me crazy right now. I was hoping for 30 degrees at the start and to finish in the 40's, but it is looking to be a bit warm and I have about 6 combinations of outfits packed. Yuck! The car is packed and we are just waiting on Silas to get home from work to head out to Memphis and have fun at the race expo before heading to our hotel. Oh yeah, and Santa's elves are making a stop at Toy's R Us to do a little Christmas shopping for the boys while we are there:) There are tons of people I know running all distances at this race, so I am hoping it will be fun to see some familiar faces along the way:) And it is such a good cause as well, I am so proud to be part of this great event for the children of St. Jude Hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home