/> SLO in Arkansas: Striving for Excellence

Friday, November 11, 2011

Striving for Excellence

I read a great line on another runner's blog this week. It said

You would rather epically fail trying for excellence than fully succeed at mediocrity.

Wow:) I love that. The problem with me, is that it doesn't apply! I am such a safe person. Not a risk taker at all. I would rather set my goals low and succeed than fail. I don't like failure. And I am trying to change all that in myself. I need to epically fail trying for excellence! Or epically succeed trying for excellence would be even better! I know that I succeed at most things I do, and I think I sell myself short by not pushing myself harder at times. I play it safe and realistic. So for this marathon I will set several goals. A safe goal, a target goal, and an epically awesome goal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home