/> SLO in Arkansas: Accidental 20

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Accidental 20

Enjoy these pictures of the boys and our fall decorations while I bore you with running information! I fully realize that I am officially crazy. I have read other blogs about people who just happen to feel good and run 20 miles, but that was never going to be a problem in my life! Except that I did just that on Saturday:) I had 18 on the schedule, so I also realize that running 20 miles wasn't that much more, but still, 20 miles is 20 miles:)

The miles flew by as we ran and I realized when we were around 16 miles in that I was feeling awesome. The weather was picture perfect! Fall day, cool, brilliant blue sky, no breeze. You couldn't ask for better running conditions. Usually towards the end of a long run I am just ready to see the finish line and stop (Silas' truck). But at mile 17 I started thinking, I feel great, I could keep going! So I dropped Liz off after we finished our 18 and she ran into my house to tell Silas I would be gone 20 more minutes. Those last two unplanned miles were nice and I just enjoyed the quiet time and beautiful day. My calves cramped a bit after the run, but nothing a few IB profen and Silas working them out couldn't fix:) I was so happy too! We have another 20 miler coming up in about 3 weeks and I am hoping it goes just as well. My average pace for the run was 10:10, which I was very pleased with.

The weather has just been amazing lately and I figured I should take advantage of it, since November tends to be a bit cold and rainy around here. Just a few more weeks and I will be tapering for the marathon! We had a hay ride and chili/ hot dog party with our Sunday school class on Saturday evening for the whole family, and I rested on Sunday. I felt so good that Amber was able to convince me to run 8 miles on Monday morning! I can really see my fitness improving and my body seems to be tolerating the pounding ok. My feet do hurt all the time though, but that's just part of it I guess!

We are hoping to get the boys out to the pumpkin patch this weekend and have a fun filled family day again. I just love this time of year and am really enjoying it:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home