/> SLO in Arkansas: Things Are Changing!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Things Are Changing!

This has been a pretty eventful week for me. I have been doing a lot of soul searching and thinking and praying the past few weeks in light of the craziness that has been my life recently. The one conclusion I came to over and over was that something needed to change! And when it came down to it, the thing that needed to change was pretty obvious.....work.

I have been blessed to pick up several new clients at my Christian counseling center, and have had some really busy and full weeks. I finally reached the point where I just wasn't able to fit everything in anymore, and was getting increasingly overwhelmed by all the hats I wear. I realized I was stretched way too thin, and I didn't like it. I feel that God has been leading me in a certain direction for some time, but as usual, I am pretty slow to let go of the familiar and jump into the unknown. Well I am finally ready to jump, and I did!! I turned in my two week notice to my second counseling job, and will no longer work there effective October 25th. I really wrestled with this, as this is an agency I have worked for since graduating with my Master's degree in 2004! I would have been there 8 years in the spring. It was familiar. But ultimately, I am in a different place in life right now, and I have been shown over and over that it just wasn't a good fit for me anymore. So I turned it loose.

I am in the process of wrapping things up with my clients there and getting my paperwork turned in. I feel good about my decision, and would be happy to go back and work there again in the future when my life is a little less crazy! But for now, raising pre-schoolers and counseling in a Christian setting are my main priorities, and I have to let the extra things go. I am excited to see where this leads, and looking forward to seeing the plans God continues to reveal to me day by day. God is good!

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very proud of you! Made my day. Love you!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home