/> SLO in Arkansas: What a Week

Saturday, October 08, 2011

What a Week

This week just about killed me. Luckily I survived, but just barely:) I went to bed about 8:30pm last night and didn't get up until 8 am. I am thinking a 9:30pm bedtime tonight is also in my future. I have missed some serious sleep and it is taking a toll on me. The month of September wore me out, and October is proving to be more busy than that! I ran over 100 miles last month, and worked double the amount of hours I did in August. We are in full swing with the boys in Mother's Day out two days a week, and my Bible study on Wednesdays. Life is busy and I am frazzled right now! I am trying to re-evaluate my priorities and make some changes where I can so that I don't feel so crazy all the time:) Hopefully I can do that soon and give myself a break.

I ran 16 miles again this weekend, in exactly the same amount of time I did it the first time! 2 hours and 44 minutes, at a 10:16 pace. I am impressed I even finished really. My legs were sore until Wednesday from my half marathon, and I moved my run to Friday morning instead of Saturday, so I didn't have much rest from my harder run on Wednesday night. Thank goodness for running partners who make you finish those last 2 miles when you really want to quit:) And we ran the last mile at a 9:20 pace! We have 18 miles on the schedule for this weekend, and I am hoping to go into it much more rested and prepared! I am still a bit shocked at how close we are getting to tapering already. I am hoping to stay healthy and rested and get to the starting line in December in good shape:) I have several friends running the Chicago marathon tomorrow morning and it is making me excited for my race:)

Since I ran long on Friday, I got to sleep in on Saturday (if you count waking up at 7:30 and getting up at 8 sleeping in!). We spent the day buying pumpkins and mums for the yard, shopping, watching football, and enjoying the beautiful day. Silas has everything torn out of the front flower beds now, and we are making a plan for what new landscaping we want to put in. It is definitely a work in progress, and will take a while to get everything we are wanting. At least I have fun and festive fall decorations up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home