/> SLO in Arkansas: Little T's First Tri

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Little T's First Tri

 My 4 year old completed his first triathlon a few weekends ago and it was awesome!  We have a local kids tri here in town and Tyson has been waiting for 2 years to be old enough to compete.  He was in the 5-6 year old age group, since he will be 5 by December 31st, and one of the youngest kids in the event.
He was so excited before the race. 
 Transition set up and ready to go.
 Tyson getting a little pre-race swim practice in.  He said his favorite part of the race was the swim.
The 5-6 year olds lined up for the time trial swim start. 
 Tyson coming out of the water.
 Running towards T-1 for the bike.
 Getting his gear for the bike leg.
 Riding that bike like a big boy:)
 Off the bike in T-2 and heading for the run.
 About to cross the finish line of his first official race!
 I am such a sap and seriously almost cried watching my boy cross that finish line.  I can't put into words how proud I am of him and his effort and excitement about the race.  Seeing the pure joy on my boy's face as he raced and was enjoying something I love made me so happy.  He is so proud of that medal and his race number and t-shirt like momma gets:) 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Go Tyson! Such a cutie....love the shots of him with his medal:) xo

3:07 PM  
Blogger That Pink Girl said...

Oh my cries, is he not the cutest thing ever? Way to go, little guy! Congrats on your first tri!!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home