/> SLO in Arkansas: Jace Britton

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Jace Britton

Jace is 17 months old and a firecracker! This little guy is all boy and full steam ahead, just like his brother. Tyson is my more sensitive child, and Jace, well, Jace is my fiery one:) First off the kid is huge. Last doctor's appointment he weighed in at 28 pounds. He is wearing mostly 18-24 month clothes and 2T. I am hoping he stays in 2T for a while since that is all I have for boy summer clothes! He only weighs 8 pounds less than Tyson does. I am thinking he won't stay the "little" brother for long!
We took the baby gate down a few weeks ago that has been at the top of our stairs. Jace would grab on it and shake with all his might like a caged gorilla, and I was more scared he would push the thing over and go down the stairs with it. It took him about a day to master the stairs, both up and down. One of his favorite games now is to cling to the railing and dangle out over the staircase going down. Good times! Tyson taught him that. This morning I went down to get dressed and like always, told the boys "stay upstairs!" About 30 seconds later I hear some scooting down the stairs and then a precious little voice saying "hello??" Hewwoooooo!" It was so cute! I poked my head around the corner and said, well hello there! Jace just grinned and scooted the rest of the way down to hang out with me.
His other antics include climbing on tables and chairs. I thought Tyson was bad. Jace is always on my dining room and kitchen table these days. As frustrating as it is, the kid does know how to get what he wants, and can be very resourceful when needed!
He is also talking up a storm lately. I have been trying to write his words down but I lost count. I got to 45 or 50, but I know he knows more than that. He speaks a lot more clearly than Tyson does, which helps me understand more. And just like his brother, he gets so angry when he is trying to communicate something and we just don't get it. Thus the fun temper tantrum phase as well. He is just as happy and social as big brother, and I had a mom tell me at the library this morning that he is the most friendly kid in his Mother's Day Out class(her daughter is in his class there), as he always welcomes the other moms and tells everyone good-bye. Apparently he is a sweeter kid when Tyson is not around to fight with!

He eats like a horse too. The kid eats the same portion size as Silas and I some nights for dinner. These boys are bottomless pits. At least Tyson has slowed down a bit for now. Jace is very jealous and possessive of me, which is a weird thing we didn't go through with Tyson really. I have to get Tyson dressed when Jace is still in his high chair, because he will do everything in his power to keep me away from Ty. This morning I was sitting on the floor putting Tyson's shoes and socks on. I was looking down at Tyson's feet and Jace climbed up on the ottoman and flung himself off right into my lap. Since I wasn't looking I didn't see him coming so he flew head first into my head and we both ended up on the floor crying from the flying head butt. He does things like this daily and does whatever he can to disrupt my attention on Tyson. You would think the little guy never got any attention at all, but he demands most of it constantly! I sure hope this phase passes quickly. I guess those are the big things. Lots of talking, lots of physical activity, and lots of fighting between brothers. Have I mentioned how firmly I believe little boys were not created to be inside for weeks and weeks and months?? Thank goodness that little groundhog decided Spring would come early this year!! My caged animals, I mean children, are needing to blow some steam off outside!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I know it probably wasn't funny at the time, but I laugh every time I think about you and Jace laying on the floor crying together after your mutual head butt! Spring had BETTER COME QUICK!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home