/> SLO in Arkansas: Winter Days

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Days

I have to say, this has been one of my best winters ever! Not for anything that has happened, but for what hasn't happened. I almost always get so blah and depressed in the winter, lots of seasonal blues really. I hate the cold, gray, dark days where we are cooped up in the house. Usually winter is to be tolerated at best, just survive til spring. But not this year! I really do attribute my running to so many positive things in my life, and this is a huge one for sure! My mood has been much better than usual, and I have a lot more energy and general ok days than I ever have before. I am so thankful for that, and I know Silas is too:)
The boys and I are having fun during the days by playing in tents, watching Toy Story 3, eating popcorn, having play dates, and sometimes heading to the playground at the mall. We are planning to start trying to attend story time at the local library as well next week. I am hoping the boys like it! The house is usually in a general state of disaster during the day since we are inside a lot, but gets put back together pretty well in the evenings, so it hasn't overwhelmed me too much. Thanks to my more positive attitude as well I am sure!
Running is going well. I hurt my foot about 2 weeks ago. Pretty sure it is plantar something-or-other which pretty much just means a big fat pain. It is gone now but stressed me out a bit while it was hurting! No time to be injured now! I have completed my 10, 12, 14 and 16 mile runs so far too. I was pretty nervous about the 16 miler this past Saturday, but it went awesome! I have a new 5 mile loop Silas mapped out for me which made it seem much shorter since I only had to run 3 of them and then an extra mile. At least it helped mentally not seem as tough. I am pretty sure I am training well and incorporating enough hills into my training to make the actual race seem ok. I guess time will tell! I feel strong at this point, and am hoping to stay that way. I missed my run Monday due to being sick all night which also stressed me out, but not much I can do there. It is snowing again today, so I may not get to make it up either. The beauty of training outdoors during the winter!
Everything else is good. The boys have random sickness which I hate. Jace has an ear infection and we are on his second round of antibiotics trying to knock it out. Please pray it goes away next week. Even though it is his first and only one, if these antibiotics don't take care of it, he will have to have tubes put in. I really don't want that for him. Tyson had a double ear infection too, but his seem to be better now. I will post more about the boys individually soon. They are in MAJOR developmental phases and are changing like crazy! Tyson is blowing me away with his letter recognition/spelling/writing and Jace is talking up a storm and learning new words by the day. Lots of fun things going on around here for sure:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home