/> SLO in Arkansas: C is for CRAZY

Saturday, January 08, 2011

C is for CRAZY

Yes, I have officially lost my mind. I am registered to run the Little Rock Marathon on March 6, 2010. I paid the money, so there is no turning back now! Time to get serious with my training for sure, seeing as there are only 8 weeks left until race day. Yep, that pretty much freaks me out just typing it. I sat there on New Year's Eve staring at the registration on the computer until about 10:30 pm trying to decide what to do. The fees went up on Jan 1st, so I wanted to make a decision. So I rang in the new year with a major challenge for myself and am now working to turn it into a reality.

I ran 14 miles this morning with the running group. It was 32 degrees with a nice north wind which made it feel about 26. Pretty cold! But I was dressed well for it and it is a gorgeous sunny day which helped it to feel better for sure. It is much easier to run when the sun is shining:) It was a good run, but those last 3 miles were tough. There was an uphill mile heading into the wind at mile 11 which was not fun at all. I had only planned to run 12 today, so I am super pleased that I stuck it out for 14. That is the farthest I have ever gone in my life!! I only have 3 more longer runs than this before the race! A 16, 18 and 20 miler, and then it will be time to taper already. Exciting and pretty scary at the same time. I am still so new to running and having to learn a lot along the way, but it is fun. I really can't believe I have decided to run a spring marathon, and have to train through the winter. It is so different from what I enjoy doing, but so far this winter has not been bad at all. I am hoping it stays fairly mild! Training for a marathon is pretty time consuming, so I am having to readjust my schedule a little and really prioritize my time better to make sure I get everything done. I couldn't do it without Silas and all his support and help with the kids, that is for sure. I am excited and nervous and loving (almost) every step of this journey so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home