/> SLO in Arkansas: Bringing Up Boys

Friday, December 03, 2010

Bringing Up Boys

Let the good times roll! Jace is growing up so fast it is crazy. Little stink pot just turned 15 months old last week. He weighs right under 27 pounds and wears size 24 month clothes. And is already in size 5 diapers. To celebrate his growing up, he decided to learn some new tricks this week. He has now mastered the ability to climb up onto any chair, which means he can now reach anything he wants on any counter, table, etc. Nothing is safe anymore! Yesterday morning I found him up on my kitchen table.
In addition to his climbing chairs, he is also trying to climb out of his crib. I found him with one leg hoisted up over the rail when I went to get him from his nap two days ago. Silas quickly lowered the crib, but I don't think it will be long before he starts climbing out.
He fell out of the shopping cart last night while we were at Target. He was just standing in the basket one second while we were looking at something, and then just leaned over and flipped out on his face the next. Good grief! He is pretty fearless but at least he figures out pretty fast how to do things right after he falls once:) He can reach the door knobs on all the doors at the house too, but at least we have the old school kind and he hasn't figured out how to twist them yet. Oh yeah, he also pushes all the buttons on every alarm clock in the house, messes with Tyson's sleeping CD, and can get onto the top bunk of Tyson's bunk bed. He is also trying to cook and reaches up and tries to turn on the burners on the stove top!! Yikes that kid is tall!
Last but certainly not least is the Christmas tree. Oh how he loves that tree!! Every morning I find tons of ornaments scattered across the living room floor where he has dropped them. He pulls them off the tree, tries to eat them, and then throws them down. Some lucky few he decides to fling down the stairwell into the foyer! Needless to say all the breakable ones are up on the top. My tree looks ridiculous this year with all the ornaments concentrated on the top half. Tyson can reach a lot more than he can, and thinks lots of them are fun toys for him to play with. At least he listens when I tell him not to pull them off the tree! I am just waiting for the entire tree to come down one day. So anyway, that is what I am dealing with this week. Jace and his new found freedom and climbing antics are wearing me out! But he is so stinking sweet and I just love him to death:)

I will close with one last quote from Tyson while shopping in Target last night.
Tyson: "Mom, can you turn around please so I can run off and get lost?"

Are you kidding me!!?? At least I have raised a very polite, if not mischievous little boy:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home