/> SLO in Arkansas: Making Decisions

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Making Decisions

I have felt great after running the half marathon and my legs still seem to be working well too, thank goodness! I actually have a sinus infection that I have had all week, but running wise I feel great. I rested completely until Wednesday and then did an easy 4 mile run after church. By Tuesday I was itching to get back out there and run, but thought I should take it easy since my head wasn't feeling well. Wednesday's run was great, but my head has gotten worse everyday it seems. I have decided it is not going away and finally got an antibiotic to help get rid of it. Hope it works fast, I have been fairly miserable this week.

I found a new running group in town to start doing my long runs with...a fabulous little group called the Sole Sisters! Lots of women different ages and pace ranges that run together and race together. I headed out early Saturday morning to meet the group and do my first long run with them. It was great! I ended up running 9 miles and got to know several of the ladies along the way. I would have liked to have done more, but I couldn't breathe out of my nose due to this yucky infection, it started spitting cold rain and was really windy, I didn't have any water with me, and I only had one GU pack. With all those factors against me, I ran what I could and will hopefully be more prepared to go farther with them next time. My Christmas list continues to grow longer and longer with all of the fun running gear and accessories I realize I need to be a long distance runner:)

I haven't actually registered yet, but I am leaning heavily towards running the Little Rock Marathon in March 2011. I really want to do it, but have heard some fairly intimidating things about some nasty LONG and HARD hills in the second half. As if running 26.2 miles wasn't hard enough on its own, lets just add some crazy hills to the mix! I need to make up my mind soon though. I am basically training as though I will run it, unless I find another one close by that is around the same date. I am hoping this winter is not as hard as last, so that there won't be too many runs in the snow for me! I am so not a winter person, so this should be interesting for sure with the training outdoors and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home