/> SLO in Arkansas: 2010

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2010

New Year's has never meant too terribly much to me, but this year has been a little different. I have never been glad to see a year end, but I am happy that 2009 is in the books. It was a really tough year. Not necessarily in the big things, but just in a lot of daily trials and struggles. It was a year where I felt like I was constantly trying to just keep my head above water in so many areas, and feeling like I was going under way more than I liked. I am happy to have survived the major changes, and am optimistic of what 2010 holds for me and my family:) Mostly I just hope I have learned something through the struggles, and that I can use those lessons in the future. One thing I am learning for sure is how to ask for help. I like to think I am a very self-sufficient person, and that is not always a good thing. God has really worked on humbling me in that area this year by giving me at times way more than I thought I could bear. But His truth has held fast, and He has always provided me with help when I needed it the most. I just want to thank all of my family for being there for me this past year, and everything you have done to help our family out. The words of encouragement, listening ear, words of wisdom and advice, helping hands around our house and just holding my precious babies has all meant so much. I hate that we live so far away from everyone. I love every minute I get to spend with family on both sides. I am really hoping this year is much calmer, or at least that I handle the challenges with a little more grace than I did this past year. I can see so many areas that need refining in my life, and I hope that I am open to taking an honest look at myself and taking steps to make improvements. I could not have made it through a single day without Silas, my best friend and the most loving and forgiving person I know:) I am so thankful for the blessing of family, and when I look back on 2009, that is what I will remember the most. That God has blessed me with a wonderful family and support system to help face and overcome whatever challenges life has thrown my way. I love you all!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

We should get T-shirts that say "I Survived 2009!"
But seriously, I'm so proud of you and the way you've handled the challenges of work, motherhood, and moving. I so wish we were closer to share each others' burdens a little better. But, I guess the hard years make the easy ones seem that much more wonderful. Looking forward to (hoping for!) an easier year for your family and mine:) Love you.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home