/> SLO in Arkansas: House Pictures

Monday, January 11, 2010

House Pictures

Ok, I am finally getting some things done around the house and feel ok about posting some pictures!! Here is the front of the house. I thought it looked better with a little snow on it! Actually I think it is fairly ugly, but overall it has been growing on me:) I have always lived in brick houses so the siding is a little different, but I think with a little power washing it will spruce right up.
Today we will be featuring Tyson's room:) We have debated and debated over the whole bunk bed issue for a while, especially since finding out we would be having two little boys close in age. We finally decided to go for it and found a set we liked. Tyson adores his new room, and the bed especially! He loves going up and down the steps and throwing things off the top bunk. He is sleeping on the bottom for now, until Jace graduates to a big boy bed and then Tyson can move to the top in a few years. It should all work out perfectly:)
Tyson showing off his new room. We were going to paint the walls, but the bedding we found actually matched somewhat so I think it will stay yellow for now. The room is huge and the bed only takes up the back half. There is room to the sides of the bed and you can actually pull the bottom bed out and there are tons of shelves on either side back in there. I pull the bed out for Tyson to sleep so he is not back in the cubby, and then we push it back in during the day so he can have more floor space to play.
I actually moved that brown bookshelf into his closet, which is at the opposite end of the bed. Its huge too. His dresser is on the far left wall and he has his little table Silas built for him and a bean bag in there too. And there is still plenty of room to play! We were fortunate to find a house with a huge room that the boys can share easily, which will free up a bedroom in the future:) I may get a rug for the end of the bed, but other than maybe getting some more things on the walls his room is pretty much done for now. I will be posting a new room soon and hope to get most of them up here in the next few days so those who aren't close can get the grand tour before actually seeing it in person:)
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Excellent pics, thanks for posting these! Tyson's room is just perfect! If I were him, I might actually like sleeping pushed back in the cubby...kind of cozy:) Everything looks great and I will be anxiously awaiting the next room unveiling.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Carisse said...

I like your new house! I especially like that big front picture window. I miss the one we had in Memphis. Thanks for posting photos!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Hattie said...

I think the front of the house is adorable and Ty's room looks great!

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home