/> SLO in Arkansas: My boys

Sunday, November 18, 2007

My boys

I have not been as good at taking pictures these past few weeks as usual, but here are some new ones for now. I will do better this week! Ty will be 4 months old on Tuesday...I can't believe it! We are definitely into the teething phase with all its glory of drooling and chewing. It's pretty cute though. I personally hope that teeth do not show up too soon....Im just not ready for that yet! It has got to be a nursing mother's worst fear!!! Anyway, everything else is going really well. I will enjoy a small break from teaching this week as the students are gone for the holiday. I cannot believe that I only have 3 more weeks of classes once they get back. This semester has really flown by. I have enjoyed teaching much more than I thought I would, and will miss it next semester. (My class is not offered in the spring).
Anyway, not too much else is going on for now. We have decided to stay in Searcy for Thanksgiving. It was a difficult decision, but after trying to travel with a little one recently, we have decided this will be best for our family this year. I am really going to miss my family, and my Dad's dressing!! Silas and I have packed up and traveled every single holiday since before we were married, so we don't know what to do with ourselves now that we are staying home! Silas will be glad not to have to get in a car though, I am sure!! His 3 hour commute every day is enough for him:) I'm sure it will get easier to travel once Ty is older, but he is awfully hard to entertain for more than 15 minutes in the car.
I am trying hard to get into the holiday spirit, but it has been hard for me this year. I really think it's the silly weather messing me up! It's hard to be festive when its been 70-80 degrees and you are sweating during the day! I am looking forward to getting my Christmas tree up soon...maybe that will help. I can't wait to put it up once Thanksgiving is over:) I think Ty will really like the lights.


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home