/> SLO in Arkansas: Tyson at 3 weeks old

Monday, August 13, 2007

Tyson at 3 weeks old

Well, My little man is growing up fast. I can't believe he is already 3 weeks old!! He is so alert and busy, and I just love to watch his little face and wonder what he is thinking in there! We are getting into more of a routine by the day, and I am finally not a walking zombie from lack of sleep. Silas continues to be a huge help and gives me a break in the evenings to get some things done around the house. We have made it to church the past 2 weeks, and I have learned that I may be missing most of the services as this is the time he seems to get hungry! He continues to show his personality and can throw some major fits, but 99% of the time he is a happy little guy:) I have enjoyed my break from work, though have missed my co-workers and having adult time during the day. I am adjusting to being at home and love it, though it has been harder than I thought since I have a huge problem "relaxing" and sitting still. I always feel the need to be on the go and getting things done at home, which is almost impossible at times with a newborn. I am learning how to sit on the couch for hours and not stress about the laundry or how clean the house is. I am also learning to take little naps when he is sleeping, which most often is my only option since he sleeps the best in my lap and I can't do much else! I am starting to realize what the truly important things are and what can be done later, or not at all. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be at home with my son and watch him grow day by day. I am constantly amazed by how interactive he is, even at such a young age. I'm sure he will keep our hands full as he gets even more active in the days and weeks to come!

Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

He's adorable. I mean it.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren! Just wanted to say Congrats to you and Silas. Ty is so cute! You got some great pics. I am sure the last few weeks have been an interesting adjustment but it sounds like you are all doing great! Hope that you have been feeling good also and recouperating. Hope everything continues to go well and I will keep checking back to see new pics! TTYS, -Mariam-

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, how he has changed over the past three weeks! Your pictures help us all to see him grow. Lauren,so glad you are settling in to motherhood... Silas this is a great time for you and your new family. I loved your 1st family picture.
So happy for you.
Aunt Marcene

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyson is sooooo cute! I wish I could be there to hold him! He is so very alert! He really does look like you, Lauren. I'm glad things are going well. I'm getting things ready for school. Students begin Aug. 27. - Love, Mimi

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing about the house work, just remember it will always be there, but you only have a few short years with your children and then they are gone doing their own things. Cherish each moment you have with him. - Mimi

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home