/> SLO in Arkansas: One month

Monday, August 20, 2007

One month

I cannot believe Ty is a month old already! Time has flown so fast. He is starting to be awake more and more during the day and so we have started having some tummy time and "playing" on the floor or with toys. He still really enjoys just being held, and spends a lot of time sitting or sleeping in our laps too:) I know at times it is hard to tell if your own child is growing, since you see them everyday, but I can definitely tell the little guy is getting bigger. He is not only getting heavier to carry in his car seat, he has also just outgrown his newborn diapers. I asked several friends how I would know when he was needing to move up a size, and they all said, when he has a blowout...you need a bigger diaper!! Well, the big blowout came this week, and at church nonetheless! My favorite part of the story is that it also happened while he was sitting in my lap, so.....he not only ruined the outfit he was wearing, but also leaked all over mine as well!! Thank goodness I was prepared with extra clothes in the diaper bag! Too bad none of them were for me!!! Needless to say we moved right up to size 1 diapers (his big boy diapers) once we got home from church!! I am glad he is healthy and growing, but already sad that he is not such a tiny baby anymore.


Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom and Nancy said...

Ty is so cute! I know you are enjoying him. Nancy F.

2:09 PM  
Blogger laura said...

It's so fun to see Ty in the same little onesies that Nathan wore!!

I soon learned to pack a spare set of clothes in both our vehicles for just such blow outs!

The first time that Nathan smiled at me was about 3 in the morning... I had gotten up to nurse him and was changing his diaper and was not quick enough :) so after being christened, my sweet boy looked up at mama and smiled... oh the memories :)

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olivia pooped on me when she was about 2-3 weeks old at 2 a.m. This is when all 3 of us were sleeping downstairs--I was too afraid to sleep upstairs and travel in the middle of the night with her and Jonathon didn't want to sleep all alone. Anyway, it was really dark--I didn't want to disturb Jonathon--and I had just finished wiping her down and had her little tush in the air, when she poured like a fountain. At first I had no idea and then when it hit me, I screamed and moved. It went all over me, the floor, the pack-n-play changing table, the new diaper, and Olivia! Needless to say, Jonathon woke up, we Resolved the carpet, I changed clothes and he finished putting on the diaper and cleaning up while I fed her.
Looking back, it is funny...not so much then. :)
Brandy

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren, these are great pictures! And this story gave me quite a laugh, once again! Hope there are no more accidents on Mommy (or Daddy) in public!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. I am happy for both of you.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home