/> SLO in Arkansas: What We've Been Up To

Thursday, July 22, 2010

What We've Been Up To

The summer just keeps rolling on around here and we are still having a blast. Here a couple of things we have been up to over the past several weeks. First off was "Dress like a cow day" at Chik-Fil-A!!!! It was cow appreciation day and if you dressed up and came in to eat, you got free food. I am all about a free meal out, so I dressed up the entire family like cows, and off we went. Yes, even Silas was sporting his white t-shirt and cow spots!!! He just didn't want any proof of it so he took the picture:) All four of us received a free meal, so we saved over $20 for taping our spots to our shirts. I have some ears on my visor in case you can't see them too:) It was fun and Tyson enjoyed getting his face painted while we were there. He HATED the cow there though, and screamed any time it came near us. Jace loved it though, go figure.
Last week was our famous VBS at Southwest....WOW (Wonders of the Word). I didn't get any pictures of the kids in their cute shirts, but maybe I can dress them back up and do that! I worked in the nursery with Jace's class, and Silas helped out in the 5th grade. It was a crazy busy and long week to say the least, but the boys loved every minute of it and had a blast learning about Daniel. Our theme this year was "Dare to be a Daniel." Everyone met together in the auditorium at the end for fun, skits and singing. I did manage to get a picture of that. We averaged between 1,200 and 1,400 people in attendance every night I believe, and it is loud and crazy and fun!!! The boys are still recovering and I think we are finally getting back to a normal sleeping schedule this week.
I took this picture of the boys this morning while they were playing. They have a good time around the house and keep each other company, which I enjoy. Most days I am a referee trying to keep the fights down, but they usually play well together. They love each other though, and I am enjoying watching them grow up together and be brothers:)
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I am so tickled at your cow outfits:) I saw the sign advertising Cow Day but I'm not creative enough to figure out how to make it happen! Nice going!h

1:04 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Caroline, I so cheated on this one!!! There was a link to a Chik-fil-A website that you could go to and print off a couple pages of cow spots, ears, a sign, etc. I just printed them off, colored them with a marker, taped them on us, and got free food!!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home