/> SLO in Arkansas: Nuts-O

Friday, November 13, 2009

Nuts-O

That pretty much sums up my life right now....nuts, crazy, frantic, chaotic, just pick your word!!! I feel like I am juggling a million things right now and at any moment several of them are threatening to crash down on me. Not a good feeling to say the least, but we are hanging in there. Lets see, here is a run down on what is going on with us the past few weeks.

House: still moving forward on the one we originally wanted. Offer still accepted. The hold up was with our financing. Through no fault of ours, but rather an incompetent lender here in town, we have been waiting for over 3 weeks to hear any kind of approval of our financing, which everything else is waiting on to progress. Our stuff is fine, she just lost her underwriter and they don't know what they are doing anymore!! As of yesterday we still had no answer (even after marching into her office last week and politely asking what the hold up was and getting more empty promises and run around), so we decided to pull out and go with a different lender. The catch is we have to have our financing in place no later than oh Tuesday of next week so we can close on the new house and have somewhere to move to, so no stress there!!! And the old lender has all our original copies of everything we needed and can't get it back to us til next week, so we spent all day today re-gathering everything we could. It should all work out fine, but the stress of having it pile up until the absolute LAST minute is super stressful. Oh, and we now have to pay to put a new roof on the house, and the labor is going to be double what we thought. I am more than ready for December 17th to come and go and hopefully get both houses closed on and be done with this process for good!!! My dad has always told me "at least 10 major things will fall through/apart when you are trying to close a deal before you actually do," and boy is he right!!! Hopefully we are at 9 or 10 and can move smoothly from here on out:)

Work: My new job at church is going well. It is a very different pace and setting from my regular counseling, and I really enjoy that. Much less paperwork!!! Which moves me to my other job. Of course while my life is crazy right now, they decide to make some MAJOR changes at work. Our office is going paperless and we are in the middle of switching everything over to electronic medical records. Um, as most of you know, I am technologically ignorant and this is a major stress to me!!! I had to buy a laptop for all my paperwork and as of Monday I can no longer turn anything in handwritten. Yikes!!! Especially considering I only had a 30 minute training on the computer stuff which was also the first time I ever laid eyes on the system!!! That was Wednesday and everything went into effect Friday. It is taking me ten times longer to do anything that used to be simple which frankly I really don't have time for right now. Plus, sometimes the system glitches and your work gets lost in cyberspace, which I also don't have time for!!! So, work is pretty high on my stress level right now. I am really hoping everything gets faster and simpler once I figure out what I am doing:)

Kids: My kids are my happy spot, except when they are driving me crazy too:) Just kidding. Tyson has been a doll this past week and has been super loving and sweet and I want to freeze him this way forever! He says "I love you mama!!!" before he runs out of the room. He has even sat in my lap a few times and has been a sweet helper around the house. We are moving towards actually "trying" to potty train him, whatever that may bring. Of course I was waiting til after Jace was born, and now we are trying to get through the move and the holidays and hopefully life will calm down and we can work on that area:) Jace is a precious sweet little thing and a total mama's boy, and I love it. He is 11 weeks old this week. He is still nursing and doing well. He is on a 4 hour schedule and you could almost set your clock by his eating habits! He has just this week started what we consider sleeping through the night. He goes to bed anywhere between 7 and 8 pm and gets up around 7:30 am. I have stopped his night feedings, but we still have to "plug him in" about 3 times a night when he loses his paci and can't settle down. Luckily he usually sleeps solid until about 330am and that's when the plugging in begins!!! I can't complain too much, but I still can't wait to go to bed and actually sleep until the morning:) He is a really happy baby and smiles and talks/coos at me all the time. I love it!!

Life in general: Everything is pretty good, just super busy and more things to get done than time in the day of course. And being tired doesn't help, but at least hopefully there is an end in sight and it will be here in just a few weeks!! We are having my parents come here for Thanksgiving this year and I am so excited!!! I am happy to not have to travel with the little kids, and to spend the holiday with my parents:) I definitely miss my sisters though. Silas' sister is coming back down here in a few weeks to help me out with the kids while I do some serious packing of the house. I can't get much done with two kids under 2 and they will be thrilled to have her visit while I do the dirty work:) I am super thankful she is coming and look forward to her visit. We are taking some family pictures in the morning and I am really hoping to get at least one decent one!! A friend is taking them for us and hopefully that will be laid back and Tyson might cooperate and look at the camera a time or two:) I am so excited because we really don't have any pictures of our family of four. I think that sums most everything up for now. Silas is still busy at work, we had a garage sale last weekend and cleaned out a bunch of junk and made a little money. We are just gearing up for the move, and the holidays. We will be traveling to Oklahoma for Christmas the day after we move, and have several Christmas parties with work and church planned which should be fun. Life is going at a frantic pace right now, but the end is in sight and I am just hanging on right now and trying to get there:) And making some attempt to try and enjoy things along the way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home